Ok, this is a follow up to the previous post about the DNR requesting $1.7 million from the Metropolitan Council to help fund the proposed paved Minnesota River Trail.
THE ONLY WAY WE STOP THE PAVING IS TO STOP THE FUNDING.
IMPORTANT, Proposed Action, Met Council TAB Meeting, Wed, April 19
Our ask is for our supporters to contact the email addresses below and ask for them to DENY the funding request from the DNR for the MN River Trail due to the reasons below.
1. There is no completed plan with funding estimates for the whole area and maintenance plan. How can they authorize funding without a completed plan?
2. The proposed trail is in a major FLOOD PLAIN! The DNR has not proven that they can maintain current trails in any flood plain. They can go look for themselves.
3. This trail is supposed to be already fully funded as former Rep Lenzewski and The DNR have said publicly many times.
4. The DNR does not have money to maintain trails they are already have. How can they build more when the can’t fix what they have?
5. This is proposed trail is a recreational trail. If the Met Council wants a transportation trail they should build it along the roads where the majority of people can use.
Two contacts. The entire Met Council and the chair of the Transportation Committee:
390 Robert St. North
St. Paul, MN 55101-1805
LOCATION: directions & map
PHONE: 651.602.1000; TTY: 651.291.0904
Chair of the Transportation Committee:
James HovlandMayorCity of Edina
This happens on Wednesday. We need you to act TODAY. Tomorrow may be to late. Phone or email….or both.
Be the difference!
- PS….PLEASE SHARE THIS POST!!!